Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chapter Eight - Going back to the world

I woke up with Josh beside me. We must have fallen asleep after the film.
He was looking at me with his crooked smile, his eyes were shining as the sun was all around the room telling us that the day has arrived.
"Good morning, silly boy." Josh said softly.
"Good morning, little Josh." I said smiling.
"You sleep like a stone Dan..." He said laughing.
"Sorry.."I said.
"Don't be. I like watching you sleep." He said.
We stayed sometime just looking to each other. It felt great wake up with him.

"Now we have to you, you have to go to your job and I have to go back home, and grab my clothes and go to the mall." Josh said putting his jeans.
"I wish we could stay here forever." I said getting up the bed.
"Don't wish this. We have plenty places to visit." He said with his crooked smile.
"Yeah. Talking about that, would you go with me tomorrow to the beach?."
"I hope I can go. I have this family thing in the morning, you could go with me, what you think?." He asked.
"I promissed my mom... And plus I was thinking to go in the morning." I said.

Great! I thought. We wouldn't see each other tomorrow.

"Let's see what we can do, we have the all day to figure out something." Josh said.
"Yeah." I said.

We had our breakfast in the cafe of the corner. And then Josh left to his house and I went to work.

©Leonardo Martins

No comments: