Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Jane Austen book club


An all star cast joins acclaimed director/writer Robin Swicord (writer - Little Women, Memoirs of a Geisha) in this critically acclaimed film Six Californians start a club to discuss the works of Jane Austen, only to find their relationships - both old and new - begin to resemble 21st century versions of her novels. Stars Kathy Baker (Cider House Rules), Maria Bello (A History of Violence), Emily Blunt (Devil Wears Prada), Amy Brennemen (Juding Amy), Jimmy Smits (Star Wars Episodes 1-3).

I won this film from my friend and everytime that I would watch it I took another one and this always was left from later. But yesterday I catch it and put it in my dvd player and started to watch and I have the most incredible experience! This film is so good! Is full with everything that happens every single day with each one of us. This film should be seen by everyone at least once in their lifes.
When the film ends, you start felling "A book club would be great". All the actors are great in the film, they seem not act but be the character, is absolutely fantastic!


2 comments:

Camis Barbieri said...

Eu absolutamente amo esse filme. A música inicial, New Shoes, nunca mais saiu no meu MP3.

Leo said...

Realmente é ótima essa musica!


E o filme entao é maravilhoso!